The International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (IF) (www.ifglobal.org) and the National Association for Disabled Children and Youths in Sweden (RBU) (www.rbu.se) are organising IF’s 23rd International Conference taking place in Stockholm on June 15–16, 2012. Registration for this event is now open.
Since 1979, IF, in collaboration with its members, had the tradition to bring together stakeholders from different disciplines, backgrounds and countries to make the point on the advancements related to research, studies and care regarding Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus. The theme of this year’s conference is “Finding Our Way” indicating that not everybody fits in with mainstream solutions. Many of us have to find our personal roads in life. There will be medical sessions of importance, practical workshops and cultural activities as well as social meeting points.
It’s the first gathering of its kind in Sweden for decades, there will be ample opportunities to learn more about Spina Bifida, connect to new people and have fun. More information about the program of the conference can be found in this page (http://www.rbu.se/higlights-program). Information about the registration can be found in this page (http://www.rbu.se/form/sign-form-conference-anmalan-till-konferensen).
Participants who register no later than 12 April will profit from the early bird fee.
Who is it for?
· Adults with Spina Bifida
· Young people with Spina Bifida
· Parents of children with Spina Bifida
· Personal assistants
· Medical doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists and everybody who works or lives with people who have Spina Bifida
What will I gain?
· New knowledge about Spina Bifida
· Your own personal pathway for a good life with Spina Bifida will be strengthened
· You will sharpen your awareness of the complexity in Spina Bifida
· Better knowledge is the key to a better life